Growing information architecture communities since 2012
It’s official! Richmond VA is going to be a host city for World IA Day in 2019.
- What is World IA Day? It is a one-day, global festival of all things IA (Information Architecture), UX, Interaction Design, Design Strategy, User Research and related disciplines. Host cities around the world all have events on the same day.
- When is it? Saturday, February 23 from 9-4:30 PM (Doors at 8:30)
- Where will it be? It will be hosted at the VCU Brandcenter103 S Jefferson St, Richmond, VA 23284
- Who should come?: Anyone interested in learning how design can change the world.
- Is there a theme?: YES! Design for Difference.
From their website:
“As designers, we are responsible for creating worlds of experiences, environments, services, and systems that impact millions of people – with lasting impacts. While we don’t have a Hippocratic Oath, it’s important for us to follow a similar goal to “do good” and “do not harm.” It is our responsibility as IA’s to consider the consequences and impact our design decisions have on humanity and society as a whole.
Research is a foundational step in the design process. It ensures that we understand and account for diverse user needs within communities, both in our own domains and globally.”
Learn more here: (https://www.worldiaday.org/2019)
Speakers and Panelists:
- Kim Rees – Head of Data Experience Design, Capital One
- Samantha Willis – Freelance Journalist
- Zach Bryant – Creative Director, Journey Group
- Meghna Murali – Clinical Research Coordinator, Children’s National Health System
- Andrew Levasseur – Experience Design Chair, VCU Brandcenter
- Lisa Dance – UX Analyst, ServiceEase
- Laura Turner Reid – User Research Director, ICF Olson
- Scott Nixon – Manager of AI Systems Design, Capital One
- Erin White – Head of Digital Engagement, VCU Libraries
- Heather Winkle – MVP of Card Design, Capital One
Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks will be provided. If you have any dietary restrictions, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
103 S Jefferson St,
Richmond, VA 23284
Saturday, February 23, 2019 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (EST)
Reserve your spot
Via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/world-ia-day-design-for-difference-tickets-54659873152