The Richmond Show brings together creatives from Richmond and surrounding areas to celebrate their exceptional talent and hard work. Creative professionals and students are encouraged to submit work for judging in the Advertising Show, the Interactive Show, the Design Show, the Production Show, and Student Show.
This year’s theme is ADAGE. What is an adage? It’s a proverb or short statement expressing a general truth. As advertisers, we tell stories and create culture. At this year’s Richmond Show, we’re paying homage to the golden age of advertising: the good, the bad—and the silly.
Every year at the Richmond Show we dress to the theme. This year, think kitschy, retro, and vintage styles echoing the 1950s – 1970s. While it’s not a requirement, we’d love to see you gussied up in your best classic looks. Here’s some outfit suggestions:
- Mod shift dresses that channel your inner Twiggy
- Is that Don Draper? Nope, it’s you in your best retro suit
- Shirtwaist dresses that’ll make you feel like an extra in Pleasantville
- Three-piece suits, checkered blazers, and super shiny oxford shoes
Check out our Pinterest Board for more visual styles.
More information about attending the show will be on our website.
- Admission to the Richmond Show
- Hor d’oeuvres
- Open bar (must show valid ID)
More information about tickets and attending can be found here: